SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Another sighting of a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

In addition to the Red-naped sapsucker (posted separately), I also found a female Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at Rouse Park this morning. That bird also looked like an adult (Definite Basic, but might have been a Basic II which is a sub-adult). Though it may be a second Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, it is also possible that this is the same Yellow-bellied Sapsucker I found at Centennial Park (about 2 miles away as the sapsucker flies, a little far but probably not out of the question for these birds to commute). And since I didn't bring my camera with me when I found this bird, I don't have pics (a real shame cause I didn't see this sapsucker until I was standing only about 10 feet away so I could have gotten some real close-ups). A reminder to always bring your camera.

SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory