SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Monday, July 07, 2008

Black Phoebe family update

I have been able to continue monitoring the Black Phoebe family that I posted on in May and June. I usually see 1 or 2 of the juveniles every day. They have only moved about a half mile from their nest site, and still on or accessible from my friend's property. I was thrilled this week to see all 3 juveniles and a parent.These are pics of one of the juveniles. I waa actually laying on my back trying to get better pics of the Lewis's Woodpeckers I recently posted on when this young bird flew onto a tree branch only about 25 feet away. Unfortunately, it was in the shade of the tree and telephoto lens do best with good light (the same problem I have had with the Lewis's Woodpeckers) so these pics are best displayed in a smaller size than I usually use. SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory