SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Canon City Riverwalk10-25-05

Another beautiful autumn afternoon. I couldn't go birding until even later today, 4:30 so not as many birds out. The only additional species I saw today was Common Merganser. There were 2 females loafing in the Arkansas River. Seems a little early to see this species here.

Earlier today I found scat from a small bear in my yard (I live about 600 feet from the Canon City Riverwalk, though almost a half mile from the Arkansas River at this point. My neighbor has a big apple tree, loaded with fruit so suspect that is what the bear was after.

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory