SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

More Canon City birding

Yesterday I found 4 white geese with a flock of dark geese but they flew before I could confirm their identification. Today I refound them and they were all Ross's. We don't get many white geese in the Canon City area and it is interesting that we get the less populous Ross's. And I had the opportunity to identify the dark geese as Lesser Canada's.

There were also 2 more Greater Yellowlegs here yesterday. Though I was able to scope them to see the long, upturned bill they also provided confirmation of their being Greater rather than Lesser's by their calls.

Additionally I found a Lincoln's Sparrow, a species very uncommon in this early in this area.
SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory