SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Red-tailed Hawk photos




I have been grounded by a virus and still have a fever so am finally catching up with cropping photos from my trip to far southeastern Colo in August. This immature Red-tailed Hawk was more interested in stretching and grooming than paying attention to me (I stayed in my car, using it as a blind as I often do). It had just finished doing some grooming and was shaking out its feathers when I got this photo. Though the sky was overcast which drowns out detail and color. Because of this I had to some some editing.

To see more photos of this and another here

SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory