SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Friday, October 13, 2006

Nashville Warbler-found again & got photos





I returned to the Canon City Riverwalk this morning to see if I could refing the Nashville Warbler I found yesterday. As migrating rare warblers often do not stay around long, I was delighted to refind the bird today and in one of the same trees I found it in yesterday.

And today I got some good light and was able to get these photos which show most of the identifying field marks. Clearly visible in the top two photos are the complete eye rings, the gray head, the yellow throat, chest and undertail coverts, the white belly feathers, the greenish upperparts, the dark sharp bill, and short tail. I included the lower photo that, though it does show the head, does show clearly the white belly feathers that go to the vent area.

The Nashville Warbler was feeding today with 10-15 Yellow-rumped Warblers and a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets.
SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory