SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Regal Golden Eagle







As I noted below I saw a Golden Eagle, the adult in these photos, as I drove in the Pueblo West area. I knew from a distance that this was an eagle by the massive size so I pulled over and took these photos from about 150-200 feet with my 12x Panasonic Lumix digital camera. Look at those heavily feathered legs, large feet (the better to grab with) and gorgeous golden feathers on its head. Golden Eagles are such massive and regal birds, I find as I did today

SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory