SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Handsome coyote


I watched this coyote walk into, and then around, the RV park at Rio Village in Big Bend National Park. Clearly it has lost some of it's fear of humans, clearly because it finds food them as it did while I watched it. I was surprised just how nice it's coat was-most coyotes I have seen have scraggly fur, but this one has a beautiful coat as can be seen by these pics. And it has bright yellow eyes.

FYI--I took these pics from my car and was about 40 feet at the closest (I have a 70-300 mm lens with a 1.4 extender on my Canon xti dslr camera). As with most the critters I have posted on this trip, coyotes can be found throughout SE Colo. SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory