SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Western Fremont County

I found nesting American Dippers up the Arkansas River including one pair feeding their noisy nestlings and one near a viable nest. I also heard a fourth American Dipper at a third location.

I also found another Black Phoebe (though I only one) a second location in western Fremont County. Nearby were a male and female Common Merganser in the river. I saw a Belted Kingfisher that I believe flew into a hole in a dirt hill near the river, likely a nest location. Also at this location was a Say's Phoebe. There were Yellow-rumped Warblers in the trees and shrubs along the river.

SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory