SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Canon City Black Phoebe & Dickcissel update

On Thursday I was able to find 2 Black Phoebes a few hundred feet from the MacKenzie Ave bridge over the Arkansas River just east of Canon City. Though I scoped them I was unable to determine if they were adults or juveniles.

Yesterday and today I saw one juvenile Black Phoebe on my friend's farm just east Canon City. This bird was located 1/4+ mile from the nest location here. It was joined by a juvenile Eastern Phoebe on Friday but I did not refind that bird today.

There are still at least 3-4 Dickcissels remaining in the Canon City area. All the rest have apparently moved out of the hay fields to prepare for migration.

SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory