SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Sunday, July 02, 2006

There are 2 Golden Eagle fledglings!

I checked the Golden Eagle nest I have been watching to see if the fledgling was still around as the last time I checked about 10 days ago I didn't see it. I was delighted to find not just one but two juvenile Golden Eagles perched on the nest! I had only seen one bird in the nest the last several times I checked so I thought that only one had survived (not uncommon for one to starve to death or die from siblicide especially when food supplies are shor. So this is great.


SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory