SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Greater Scaup and Cedar Waxwing

Today I found a female Greater Scaup at Brush Hollow Reservoir near Penrose. She was with a mixed group that included a female Bufflehead, a female Redhead and 2-3 female Ruddy Ducks. I guess this was an all-girl migrating group.

There was also an adult California Gull among the Ring-billed Gulls.

I enjoyed a visit at home earlier today from a flock of 20 or so Cedar Waxwing. They continued to eat the fruit from my pyracantha (Firethorn) shrub and were working also on my crabapples. I truly enjoy listening to their high pitched call. Listen to their call and get more info on them here
SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory