SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Visiting Cedar Waxwings

I had a visit from a flock of 10-15 Cedar Waxwing. They have been in my neighborhood for over a month and I when the weather was warmer I would occasionally hear them as I drove by an area where they were eating. And they have been visiting my yard off and on during that same time period, feasting on my pyracantha (Firethorn) berries.

Cedar Waxwing are nomadic and "irruptive". Read more about them and see a great photo here
SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory