SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pueblo Reservoir again

As I had a dental appointment in Pueblo West, the areas adjacent to the Pueblo Reservoir, I did some birding there afterward. It was a fairly foggy and chilly day, but the sun kept breaking through.

I ran across a flock of about 40 or so American Tree Sparrows in a weedy area near the shore. I could see 2 Bald Eagles out on the ice and lots of distant waterfowl. I did not see the Northern Mockingbird I saw last week-end that was in the photos in posts earlier this week.


I took this photo of a Pied-billed Grebe swimming near the North Marina. Though quite plain in plumage, this grebe has a distinctive ring around its short bill.
SeEtta

Labels: , , ,

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory