SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Monday, May 07, 2007

Cedar Waxwings in my backyard

When I went out into my backyard today I heard the high pitched 'see-see' sound of Cedar Waxwings. I found some, including the two in this photo, eating tender blossoms in my neighbords apple tree while others waited in my blue spruce trees. As they saw me trying to take their photo, they sat quietly in the shade of the tree so they are best seen in the photo by double-clicking to enlarge them.

The waxwings accompanied the lispy songs of several Lazuli Bunting that were flitting about (usually deftly avoiding being spotted, then when spotted, avoiding having their photos taken).
SeEtta

Labels: ,

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory