SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cooper's Hawk on nest


Though I have a lot of pics of neotropical migrants I need to post, I wanted to get this nesting photo on the blog. For the several recent years a Cooper's Hawk has nested on the Canon City Riverwalk right above the trail. I could not find her nest last year but saw a Cooper's Hawk flying in the area so figured she had found another location for her nest. A few days ago I found her nesting as shown in this pic. SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory