SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Friday, May 12, 2006

Canon City update

Wednesday I saw a male Bullock's Oriole in Canon City, the first I've seen in this area. There were also several Chimney Swifts "chittering" as they flew above the downtown area.

There are still at least 70 White-faced Ibis in the area. I saw 4 Cattle Egrets with the ibis in addition to several Spotted Sandpipers today. Later I saw an Eastern Kingbird. At dusk I saw 2 Common Nighthawks (I saw my first Common Nighthawks on april 27 also in the Canon City area).

SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory