SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Sunday, August 06, 2006

More Lewis's Woodpecker pics


I have finally finished cropping the last of the photos I took in Cottonwood Canyon 2 weeks ago. I saw two families of Lewis's Woodpeckers in this canyon with 1-2 adults and at least 1 juvenile each. I can't post the photos as the website is not allowing photo posting at this time so will have to add some later. In the meantime see pics by clicking here

I believe I have noted before that Lewis's Woodpeckers are a species of conservation concern. They are on the National Audubon Society Watch List as well as priority species with multiple Partner's In Flight Conservation Plans.

Postscript-8-7-06 blogspot let me ad the photo today
SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory