SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Red Canyon Road


I ventured north of Canon City on Red Canyon road looking for Wild Turkeys. There is a large flock (over a hundred) that lives on local ranches up that road almost to Red Canyon Park. I didn't find the turkeys. A local rancher who feeds them said that they stay down when its windy. He also said there had been a Mountain Lion in the area and the turkeys were pretty spooked.

It is a such a beautiful area that I just had to post this photo. The cliffs in the center and on the left are part of some escarpments that are famous for rock-climbing. I just checked my photo and it almost looks unreal so let me note that the only thing I did was to crop a small amount off the sides and no other editing was done. It's just a picture-perfect area.
SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory