SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Another little snake

After seeing the snakes I posted about below, I walked a short ways and my dog found a third snake, the one in the bottom pic. It too had been under the leaf litter next to the trail. Guess I need to watch where I walk for awhile.

Oh, and I also found a tick on my head this evening presumably from the riverwalk. This is unusual as I have only rarely got ticks in Colorado but they are something to consider if you travel here in springtime. I guess they have some place in the ecosystem too.

I am just a beginner in snake id so not sure if this is a Western Terrestrial Garter snake or a Plains Garter Snake. I'll try to find out or maybe someone can that knows can note in the comments. SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory