SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Monday, April 23, 2007

Black Phoebes checking out old nest sites



Today I visited my friend and got to watch the Black Phoebe pair checking out old nest sites under a small bridge where Black Phoebes have nested for several years. Each of the phoebes flew under the bridge like a husband and wife looking for a new house.


At one point both phoebes flew under the bridge in one location together. I hope they choose this site as I would be able to see it better than the site they choose last year--under a separate section where I had to hang my upper body over the bridge to look under it. Not only was this uncomfortable, but it kept me from doing much monitoring as I didn't want to disturb the nesting.
SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory