SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Carolina Wren singing in new Canon City location

On May 9 I heard a Carolina Wren singing on the far end of the east section of the Canon City Riverwalk. This is more than a mile away from where the closest Carolina Wren has been seen on the west section of the Riverwalk near the Rec District parking lot.

I also found a Northern Waterthrush, a migrating neotropical warbler that skulks in dense folaige. Though I have seen a few of these near the Riverwalk over the years, they are fairly rare here.

Unfortunately I was on my way to an out of town meeting and had only a half hour to bird. However, I enjoyed the chorus of Common Yellowthroats, Yellow-breasted Chats, Black-headed Grosbeak, Yellow Warblers, and Robins that were singing or calling the entire time I was there.
SeEtta

Labels: , ,

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory