SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Friday, August 10, 2007

Mourning Doves still nesting

Since many Mourning Doves have two nestings, some can still be found on the nest like the one in this pic. I was actually looking for another bird I had seen fly into this shrub when I looked up and found I was close to this dove. I was surprised that she didn't flush as I have inadvertently flushed other Mourning Doves that had less tolerance for humans being too close to their nests. It is apparent from the pic why I didn't see this dove until I was so near and that is because she is very well camouflaged.
SeEtta

Labels: ,

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory