SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Sunday, November 25, 2007

I just found a Long-tailed Duck near Canon City


Late this afternoon I found a Long-tailed Duck, a vagrant from the coasts to Colorado, near Canon City. This is an immature duck but I'm not sure what specific age it is. This is a real rarity here; and I found it on the Arkansas River which I believe is also quite unusual as these are usually found either along coastal areas or on large inland lakes. SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory