SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Golden-crowned Sparrow in Canon City


As I noted below a Golden-crowned Sparrow, found by another local birder Rich, has been seen around the parking area for the Tunnel Driver trail. I saw it the other day, but of all the dumb things, did not have my camera with me (and I had a great opportunity for good shot, darn). I returned today with a friend to help them find the bird and was able to get this pic. It's golden crown is quite prominent as seen in the pic. It's bi-colored bill can be seen, though not as well (wouldn't you know, my best shot was with the bird behind some weeds.

No sign of the Ladder-back Woodpecker I saw there earlier this week. Before we left a Sharp-shinned Hawk flew in after the juncos and sparrows, scattering the birds everywhere. I will post some pics of it tomorrow. SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory