SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, June 17, 2006

More Short-eared Owls

At dusk tonight, I found 2 Short-eared Owls near the John Martin State Wildlife Area. These two were perched on a fence but flushed as I drove up the road. They then flew off flying low, their usual way to look for prey.

The location I saw these 2 owls tonight is only a few miles from where I saw the lone Short-eared Owl when I birded here two days ago. And this is also only a few miles from where I have seen this species a few years ago.

SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory