SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Spring confirmation--singing meadowlarks




Though meadowlarks will sing occasionally during the winter, their bouts of song are brief. A sure sign of spring are the meadowlarks singing on and on with short breaks and with great vigor. This bird sang for a long while, took a break, then sang again.

These photos are of one Western Meadowlark (Eastern's are quite rare in Colo)I saw today. I love the brilliant yellow on their breasts. I enjoyed these pics so much I had to share 3 of them, so reduced the size to save space. However they can still be double-clicked to enlarge the photos to see details better. As I have mentioned before, I enjoy getting a photo in which I can clearly see a bird's toenails as can be seen in these pics.
SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory