SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Cliff Swallows in flight




Having been absent for several years, a veritable mob of Cliff Swallows have returned to my friend's property by the Arkansas River near Canon City. I enjoy watching them fly, zipping by at high speeds, twisting and turning in dizzying ways. I also find it a challenge to photograph them in flight and these are 3 of my favorite photos I got this week.

The wings on the bird in the middle photo are out of focus because there is a very narrow dept of field in such rapidly moving birds that camera's can only capture a small portion in focus. But I thought it made an interesting photo anyway.
SeEtta

Labels: ,

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory