SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sneakie Snipe


On my way back from a conservation meeting in Gunnison, I stopped in Chaffee County to check some agricultural fields. I found this Wilson's Snipe hiding from me behind the grass leaves.

The other pic shows the view of the hayfields where I found the snipe. In the distance is Monarch Pass which I traveled over going and returning from Gunnison today. This morning it was snowpacked and a little icy in spots as we had a major storm come through yesterday that brought 6-12 inches of new snow on top of the pass and lots of rain at lower elevations. It had warmed this afternoon and was quite beautiful weatherwise, matching the beauty of this scene.

Labels: ,

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory