SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Male Blue Grosbeak, a handsome dude



Given my absence from posting to this blog one might think I had taken an absence from birding or was out of the state. But no, I have been birding at least some, and often a lot, every day and I have been in southeast Colorado. However, I have been so busy with conservation efforts including Colorado Breeding Bird Atlas-II work and research on the Army's Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site (more on that later).

Anyhow, I'm back to posting. These pics are of a single male Blue Grosbeak I photographed in the Canon City area last week. Though the top photo isn't as crisp, it shows the color well. The bottom pic shows how these birds are often seen, perched in a shrubby and often a weedy area and partly obscured by the foliage. This species is common throughout southeast Colorado.
SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory