SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Friday, June 15, 2007

Neighborhood Catbird

I was delighted this morning to hear a Grey Catbird singing in my backyard. These beautiful singers have been staying in my neighborhood for several years. In fact, they nested the first year under my window. This provided me with a front row seat for watching them as they built the nest, took turns sitting on the nest and feeding the fledglings. I really enjoyed that.

Though these catbirds have not nested in my yard since, they have apparently nested in my neighborhood as they visit to forage and have brought their offspring with them a few times. They are such wonderful singers that it is always evident when they are around though they are a challenge to find visually. Read more here about Gray Catbirds.
SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory