SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Inquisitive Roadrunner



And another southwest U.S. (though it is found as far east as western Louisiana) that is also found in SE Colorado is the Greater Roadrunner; and again, I photographed this bird at the Bosque Del Apache NWR. It was an inquisitive bird--it stopped to watch me while I watched it from my car. Interesting, I found an even more inquisitive Roadrunner in Cottonwood Canyon in Baca County, Colorado a few years ago--that bird even approached within a few feet of my car.

Though this roadrunner was only about 40 feet from my car, the photo didn't come out as good as others--I'm just learning to use my new DSLR Canon xti and I think the pic is overexposed a little. The top pic is good for enlarging (by double-clicking on it ) but the bottom pic has been as enlarged as possible with reasonable quality.SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory