SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Buffleheads and Hooded Mergansers back


I checked out several ponds in the Canon City area. The pond at Sumo Golf Course in Florence produced 3 Hooded Hergansers, the first I've seen this season here.

A private pond in the area had the first Bufflehead, a flock of 7, of the season (I took this photo of the Bufflehead a few days ago in Kansas). I also saw a flock of 15 or so Lesser Scaup, a larger number than I am used to seeing. And I just read that both scaup species as well as Northern Pintail are only at 50% of the desired goals in the North American Waterfowl Management Plan.
SeEtta

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory