SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Tittering Bushtits

Late this afternoon I drove up into some (actually Canon City is surrounding by foothills with pinyon-juniper habitat, this was to the sw of the town) pinyon-juniper hills. A storm with rain (hurray-rain, not snow for us) was trying to move in. Sadly the county road I took went through 35 acre ranchette/after ranchette--all sprawl reducing the value of the habitat and it showed by the virtual lack of birds I saw or heard.

However on my way back down I was driving slow with my window open and I thought I heard the tittering noise of Bushtits. I stopped and indeed there was a small flock of Bushtits apparently settling themselves into some pinyon pine trees for the night.
SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory