SE Colorado Birding

Birding and discussion: A conservation-oriented birding blog that emphasizes low-impact birding and sustainable birding practices together with the enjoyment of birds. Southeast Colorado offers a diversity of habitats which provide premiere birding opportunities. Save Sabal Palm

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bushtit pic showing her yellow eyes


I took this pic of one of the Bushtits that I saw on the Canon City Riverwalk today (I also had a small flock in my yard but they were gone before I could get my camera). I've pushed the enlargement on the bottom pic so the quality is suffering but it is easy to see the yellow eye of this bird, a characteristic of adult female birds (males have brown eyes).

Note the small brownish "mask" on it's face. This is characteristic of the subspecies, P. m. plumbeus, that is found in the interior of the western U.S. including Colorado. SeEtta

Labels:

|
Save trees in the Boreal forest for birds, not for paper--Opt out of catalogues

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

  • Blogarama - The Blog Directory